The West Niagara Agricultural Society has an exciting opportunity for a Summer Student to join their team!
This position will run for 9-weeks (finishing by the end of August).
The successful applicant will work alongside staff and volunteers to assist with grounds maintenance for our 95 acre facility in preparation for rentals and community events (including the West Niagara Fair).
A hard-working, self-starter with good problem-solving skills would be ideal for this position.
Duties: Responsibilities will include:
- maintenance of gardens, including weeding and planting
- relocation of tables, chairs and benches as required
- assistance with set-up and take-down of dividers, gates, pens
- waste management including liaison with removal company o washing of windows and siding
- painting of walls, trim, equipment, signage
- assistance with basic carpentry work
- raking and bagging of leaves, weeds, grass-cuttings
- assistance with facility tours
- liaison with various committees and reporting of requirements
- various other maintenance activities
Requirements: Between the ages of 15 to 30