The West Niagara Agricultural Society has an exciting opportunity for a Summer Student to join their team!
This position will run for 9-weeks (finishing by the end of August).
The successful candidate will assist our staff and directors in preparation for upcoming events and activities (including the West Niagara Fair). A detail-oriented, out-going individual with an interest in graphic design and marketing would be ideal for this position.
Duties: Responsibilities will include:
- update of website to include coming events and generate public calendar
- generation of marketing materials to promote the facility and community presence
- advertising on social media, in-print, and through presence at community events
- responding to telephone, e-mail and in-person inquiries about venue rentals
- liaison with potential vendors and reporting of costs to committees
- purchasing of supplies as required
- assistance with basic book-keeping including A/P and A/R
- assistance with reporting and budget summaries
Requirements: Between the ages of 15 to 30