The fair is a fun and fantastic event, and it is all run by volunteers.
There are so many things that have to be done to make this event a success:
- Help with set-up and tear-down, all those fantasitic displays tables and decorations in the homecraft area, show areas, grass cutting, signs, and other preparations;
- At the gates to sell tickets; (Volunteer for a 3hr shift)
- Directing people for parking;
- Manning the West Niagara Agriculture booth;
- Selling quilt tickets and event tickets
- Helping with events - extra hands making sure contestents are registered, or on deck to show;
- emptying garbage; filling and patroling bathrooms and outhouses
- and so many more little things
Volunteering at the fair gives you a free entry to the fair for the day you volunteer and a food voucher as a thank you.
If you are interesting in volunteering, please contact our fair office
Students - Volunteering at the fair is a great way to obtain your volunteer hours
But most of all there is a sence of accomplishment and reward in knowing you played a part in making this great event!
*** Please sign up ahead, names of volunteers must be on a list at the gate to be provided free entry ****