Dispite the cooler weather the fair was a load of fun. Saturday's events featured the Antique tractors pulling out in the Derby pit area, along with an escavator and skid steer challenges. Displays, petting zoo and lots of free things to see and do. Lots of thrills and chills on the mid-way! Light Horses and Chuck wagons at the Ring Up at the Community Hall, entertainment with
History of the West Niagara Agricultural Society
- Smithville Agricultural Society and Lincoln Agricultural Society combine to form the West Niagara Agricultural Society
- Property at Mud & Mountain Roads purchased to become home of the new West Niagara Agricultural Centre
- Architects, engineers and planners hired to develop plan, drawings and facility specifications for the new Ag Centre
- First West Niagara Fair held at temporary grounds
- Contract awarded to begin construction of new Ag Centre
- Ground-breaking at Mud & Mountain roads for new Ag Centre, Marketing firm hired to begin work on fundraising campaign, 2014 Board elected
- Fundraising campaign announced, plans submitted for approvals
- Changes to website and fundraising campaign launched,
- Official ground breaking & work begins for fall completion
- Completion of the livestock building, the Richardson Agricultural Building and the majority of the grounds ready for the Fall Fair.
- First official Fall fair on the new grounds!
- Addition of the new sheep pavillion
- Building of West Niagara Agricultural Community Centre Hall.
- Official open house in October
- Spring - Kitchen completed and hall furnished for full catering capabilities and venue rentals
- Launch of the new West Niagara Agriculutral Community Hall for venue events, weddings and various social functions.
- a very successful fall fair and many new events!