The annual Tricia Vaughan Memorial Scholarship celebrates young leaders who have excelled in their achievements as 4-H club members and at school and in their community. Now in its thirteenth year, the purpose of this program is to develop an awareness of the importance and benefits of higher education. It is offered by the West Niagara Agricultural Society with the cooperation and support of the Niagara 4-H Association to current members of Niagara 4-H who have completed at least six proje...
History of the West Niagara Agricultural Society
- Smithville Agricultural Society and Lincoln Agricultural Society combine to form the West Niagara Agricultural Society
- Property at Mud & Mountain Roads purchased to become home of the new West Niagara Agricultural Centre
- Architects, engineers and planners hired to develop plan, drawings and facility specifications for the new Ag Centre
- First West Niagara Fair held at temporary grounds
- Contract awarded to begin construction of new Ag Centre
- Ground-breaking at Mud & Mountain roads for new Ag Centre, Marketing firm hired to begin work on fundraising campaign, 2014 Board elected
- Fundraising campaign announced, plans submitted for approvals
- Changes to website and fundraising campaign launched,
- Official ground breaking & work begins for fall completion
- Completion of the livestock building, the Richardson Agricultural Building and the majority of the grounds ready for the Fall Fair.
- First official Fall fair on the new grounds!
- Addition of the new sheep pavillion
- Building of West Niagara Agricultural Community Centre Hall.
- Official open house in October
- Spring - Kitchen completed and hall furnished for full catering capabilities and venue rentals
- Launch of the new West Niagara Agriculutral Community Hall for venue events, weddings and various social functions.
- a very successful fall fair and many new events!