Announcing our new The 2019 WNAS Board of Directors A special thank you to our Guest Speaker, Marvin Ryder, who spoke about the changes in our Nation and impacts on Agricultural Fairs; and in turn, how as a Agricultural society, we must adapt to thrive!
History of the West Niagara Agricultural Society
- Smithville Agricultural Society and Lincoln Agricultural Society combine to form the West Niagara Agricultural Society
- Property at Mud & Mountain Roads purchased to become home of the new West Niagara Agricultural Centre
- Architects, engineers and planners hired to develop plan, drawings and facility specifications for the new Ag Centre
- First West Niagara Fair held at temporary grounds
- Contract awarded to begin construction of new Ag Centre
- Ground-breaking at Mud & Mountain roads for new Ag Centre, Marketing firm hired to begin work on fundraising campaign, 2014 Board elected
- Fundraising campaign announced, plans submitted for approvals
- Changes to website and fundraising campaign launched,
- Official ground breaking & work begins for fall completion
- Completion of the livestock building, the Richardson Agricultural Building and the majority of the grounds ready for the Fall Fair.
- First official Fall fair on the new grounds!
- Addition of the new sheep pavillion
- Building of West Niagara Agricultural Community Centre Hall.
- Official open house in October
- Spring - Kitchen completed and hall furnished for full catering capabilities and venue rentals
- Launch of the new West Niagara Agriculutral Community Hall for venue events, weddings and various social functions.
- a very successful fall fair and many new events!