Help is needed to set up the community hall for the fair....We will need trucks and trailers and people to do lifting.
Homecraft Prize Book copy
The WNAS Fair tries to include new talents and old; and, as such the prize book changes from year to year. Watch it closely for some exciting new challenges and some old. The 2017 Prize books is now complete and posted below.
Read carefully and complete your entry(s) on-line!
2017 WEST Niagara Fair Home Craft Prize book - (printable version) click here
Hosted by the West Niagara Agricultural Society
SEPTEMBER 7 – 10, 2017
West Niagara Agricultural Centre & Fairgrounds 7402 Mud Street, Grassie, ON L0R 1M0
T: (905) 309-9939
Email: email@example.com Website : www.westniagarafair.ca
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Here’s What You Do
General Rules & Regulations for Exhibitors
Grains & Hay
Antiques & Collectables
Hobbies & Crafts
Flowers & Plants
Canning & Preserves
Junior Fair – Rules
Junior Fair – Wee Ones – Ages 5yrs & under
Junior Fair – Novice – Ages 6 to 11 yrs
Junior Fair – Intermediate – Ages 12 to 16 yrs
HERE'S WHAT YOU DO -
Decide what you want to enter by perusing the list – so many choices!
Be sure to read all the rules – General Rules (see following page) and also any special ones for your choices.
The list is divided into “Sections”, and under each Section are “Classes” listed by number.Write down the Section # and Class# of each item you wish to enter.
Go to our website: www.westniagarafair.ca. From the main page menu choose West Niagara Fair – Homecraft Prize Book - Online Entry. Follow the directions and submit. You will receive an email acknowledging your entries.
If you later have more entries (that would be awesome!) just submit again.
If you find you cannot finish a planned entry, don’t worry! NO need to delete.
Our staff will prepare and print your entry tags from your information.
You can pick these up at any time during office hours but before Wed Sep 6th please.
Affix your tags to your entries and bring to the Community Hall at the Fairgrounds on Wed Sep 6th between Noon and 7pm. Judging is done on Thu Sep 7th.
(If you cannot enter online please contact the office 905-309-9939 for instructions.)
Then - come to the Fair to see how youdid! And of course to experience all the other Fair happenings!
Don’t forget to pick up your items Sunday starting at 5pm.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR EXHIBITORS
Additional and/or exception to the general rules and regulations may precede each section.
- All Exhibitors (including livestock shows) must pay a yearly Exhibitor Fee of $10.00 per person. An Exhibitor is entitled to enter as many exhibits as desired, but only one exhibit per class, unless otherwise specified.
- The Junior Exhibitor’s fee is $5.00 for boys and girls 16 years of age and under as of Sep. 1, 2017. Only a Junior Exhibitor is entitled to enter Junior Fair classes. A Junior Exhibitor entering any Adult Fair class is required to pay the $10.00 Exhibitor Fee.
- There is no Exhibitor fee for Seniors’ Groups. Individual members of Seniors Groups may enter other classes if they pay an individual Exhibitor fee.
- Exhibitors are entitled to one (1) free admission to the Fair.
- All entries must be on Official Entry Forms and in accordance with instructions on same or in the Prize List, giving all information requested. Each Exhibitor must have his/her own entry form. Entry forms may be obtained from the West Niagara Fair Office during scheduled office hours or downloaded from the website.
- Any Exhibitor exhibiting any article not her/his own work shall forfeit any prize money and be ineligible to exhibit for 2 years.
- An Exhibitor may enter as many articles/exhibits as they wish, but only one entry per class, except in specified classes and Livestock classes.
- Each entry must have an Entry tag attached. Entry tags are to be printed by Fair office staff. Entry tags may be picked up at the Fair Office during scheduled office hours.
- All entry forms must be received at the West Niagara Fair office by Tue. Sep. 5 either by mail; on-line (see instructions for on- line entries following rules); or in person, except where otherwise noted for a specific section.
- An Entry Fee will be deducted from prize winnings as stated in the additional rules for each division. In certain classes where an entry fee has already been paid, no further deductions will be made.
- All Exhibitors, with the exception of Junior Fair exhibitors and 4-H club members, winning a total of $15.00 or more in prize money will have the following year’s Exhibitor fee retained from this year’s winnings.
- Prize money will be paid by cheque and mailed within 60 days after the close of the Fair. No payment of prize money, with the exception of Junior Fair, will be made at Fair time. All prize money cheques not cashed on or before October 31, 2016 will be non- negotiable and money will be retained by the Society.
- In case of bad weather or other unfavorable circumstances, the Society will pay only such portion of the prizes as can be paid from excess of actual income over expenditure.
- No Exhibitor shall interfere with the Judges, Committee Members or judging process in any way. Nor shall said Exhibitor permit any agent of anyone working on his behalf to show disrespect to any Judge. The decision of the Judge shall be final in all cases, except where fraud, misrepresentation or collusion is proven. In such cases, the Executive Committee shall make the final decision.
- The Judges are requested not to award prizes to animals or articles that they consider unworthy. Each Committee is authorized to instruct the Judges to this effect. It is the intention of the Lincoln County Fair to give no distinction or premium of any kind to an exhibit that does not deserve of such award.
- Should there be only one Exhibitor in a section, the judges may use their own discretion as to awarding a prize, but shall in no case award unless they consider the exhibit worthy of a prize.
- Any Exhibitor who violates any of the preceding and following rules, or any rules printed in any of the Sections of the Prize List shall be liable, upon the decision of the Executive Committee, to the forfeiture of any and all prizes, prize money and awards which may have been awarded to the Exhibitor as well as any entry fees that may have been paid, whether for any entry shown before or after such violation, and such Exhibitor may be barred from showing at the West Niagara Fair for such period as the Executive Committee may determine.
- All exhibits shall be under the control and direction of the Society but solely at the risk of the Exhibitor. The Society will not be responsible for damage, injury, loss or theft of any exhibit, regardless of the cause of such damage, injury or theft. Each Exhibitor will be solely responsible for any article exhibited by him/her and shall indemnify the Society against all legal or other proceedings in regard thereto.
- Any Exhibitor lodging a protest must make it in writing. This protest must be received by the West Niagara Fair office before 6:00 p.m. on the date in which the entry concerned was shown, or no later than the last day of the Fair. It must be accompanied by a deposit of $50.00, which will be forfeited to the Society, if the said protest is not sustained.
- The Society will not be responsible for any errors, printing or otherwise, in the Prize List.
- Any information collected by the West Niagara Agricultural Society (WNAS) regarding Members, Exhibitors, commercial exhibitors, sponsors, Directors and any other persons related directly to the business of the WNAS and the West Niagara Fair, will be used solely for the purposes of promotion of the WNAS and the West Niagara Fair, and for the maintenance of their files and data base. Any Member, Exhibitor, commercial exhibitor, sponsor or Director realizes that, when they agree to take part in the WNAS and the West Niagara Fair, their names may be published for these reasons only. None of this information whatsoever will be sold or transferred to any outside party for any other reason.
GRAINS & HAY, VEGETABLES & FRUIT
Refer to General Rules & Regulations for Exhibitors (above).
Entry fee: 10% of prize money unless otherwise stated.
Display containers will be provided by the West Niagara Fair for small grains, soybeans, grass seed, silage, potato pyramids and vegetable collection displays.
Exhibits to be products of the current year or for Hays & Grains can be 2016. Exhibits must meet qualifications or be disqualified.
SECTION 23 – GRAINS & HAY
Committee Contact – Cathy Vitucci (905-734-5967)
Prizes Class 100-108: 1st$10 2nd$8 3rd$6 Class